ABOUT FREEDOM FUND
The Freedom Fund Reception & Awards Ceremony is the premier fundraising event for the Brooklyn NAACP, highlighting the local programs and initiatives of the local organization. The annual event raises funds for Brooklyn NAACP to carry out its many programs and services and to advance the cause of social justice in Brooklyn.
Join the Freedom Fund Host & Event Committees!
We invite you to join the team and help make our 2015 Freedom Fund a huge success.
Host Committee: You must be a member of the Brooklyn Branch, your name will be listed on the event invitation and you will be recognized at the event. Responsibilities may include the following;
- Attend and actively sell tickets (a minimum of 5).
- Identify and actively solicit sponsors and journal ads.
- Provide additional names for the invitation list.
- Actively promote the event within your network and on social media.
- Provide input on materials and the program.
Event Committee: Responsibilities may include the following;
- Assist with invitation and sponsorship mailings.
- Assist with ticket sales, sponsorships and journal ads.
- Assist with setting up the day of the event, decorations, event check-in and clean up.
To join the host or event committee please contact the event co-chairs:
Onida Coward Mayers | mayers1206 AT aol DOT com
Keith Carr | kcarrjr AT hotmail DOT com