The Brooklyn NAACP Education Committee advocates for effective, accountable and accessible public school systems, adequate and equitable school funding, promotion of culturally relevant curriculum, and the active involvement of parents in the education of their children.
The Education Committee Shall:
- Seek to eliminate segregation and other discriminatory practices in public education;
- Study local educational conditions affecting minority groups;
- Investigate the public school system and school zoning;
- Familiarize itself with textbook materials there from which is racially derogatory;
- Seek to stimulate school attendance;
- Keep informed of school conditions and strive to correct abuses where found;
- Investigate the effects of standardized and high stakes testing practices and teacher certification;
- Promote parental involvement in education.
Education Chair: Shani Perez
Sign-up to the committee Google Group to stay up to date on committee meetings, events and other discussions by visiting https://groups.google.com/d/forum/bknaacp-education