Brooklyn NAACP Economic Empowerment Committee works to enhance the capacity of people of color through financial economic education; promoting diversity and inclusion in business hiring, career advancement and procurement; monitoring financial banking practices and promoting community development.
The Economic Empowerment Committee's activities include:
- researching and establishing relationships with private and public companies
- supporting the work of the National Office in monitoring the progress and activity of private and public companies
- implementing local efforts to promote the growth of African-American and minority business ownership
- increasing employment and job creation
- encouraging business development and home ownership.
Economic Empowerment Chair: Tywan Anthony
Sign-up to the committee Google Group to stay up to date on committee meetings, events and other discussions by visiting https://groups.google.com/d/forum/bknaacp-economic