Your voice is needed to make Albany take action on important legislation before the end of the legislative session tomorrow.
Can you make a phone call right now to demand our legislators take action on these important issues before they go home?
Senate Majority Leader John Flanagan: 518-455-2071
Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie: 518-455-4800
Governor Cuomo: 518-474-8390
My name is ___________ and I am a member of Brooklyn NAACP. I am calling to urge you to not allow the legislative session to end without addressing these critical issues.
- Extend Mayoral Control for New York City Schools
- Renew Rent Control: NYC rent regulations expired last night but I urge the legislature to take action to renew the rent control and tenant protection laws and increase vacancy decontrol from $2,500 to $3,500
- Raise The Age: New York is one of only two states that still prosecute 16 and 17 year olds as adults. I urge you to support A.7642 and S.5642 and raise the age.
Raise The Age Fact Sheet: http://raisetheageny.com/get-the-facts
- Education Equality in the Ramapo School District: I urge you to support A. 5355 and S. 53821 bills that will ensure education equality for all the children in the Ramapo School District
New York Times: When a School Board Victimizes Kids
- Resisting Arrest A Felony: There are bills that would make resisting arrest a felony charge in New York. I urge you NOT to support A. 06141 and S. 04260.
- Appoint a Special Prosecutor we urge Governor Cuomo to take action and issue an executive order to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate all criminal cases involving the use of force by police officers.
Your voice can make a difference during this critical time. Please comment below to let us know that you will make the call and make your voice heard on these important issues.